OpenTech Cd-rom :: About
OpenTech is the first world wide package of free open source hardware
designs, software and Books for electronics designs.
Since 2000 we have sold OpenTech packages to Students, Professors,
Engineers, Startup and even large corporations like Intel.
In OpenTech package you will find many things that you can not imagine
they even exists as open source.
You will find CPUs , Ethernet, USB and other 300 designs. VHDL,
Verilog, Schematic, IC and board layout and many many other software
programs more than 300 programs. In short you will find lot of
information that helps you in designing your system or testing it.
The package is composed of 5DVDs that costs only 90 Euros. Use
free open source tools and designs in OpenTech package and save more
than $500,000 and more than 3 months of search and download time.
Because the number and the size of the open source hardware and open source EDA tools are increased in the last years, OpenTech is divided into several packages The complete information is available at http://opentech.handasarabia.org (Open-Technologies) OpenTech packages - OpenTech Platinum Edition (90 Euro) 5 DVDs - Open source electronics designs - Open source EDA Tools 1 - Open source EDA Tools 2 - Books and tutorials - OpenCores including OpenRisk1000 CPU - OpenTech Light (Free) 1 CDROM - Available for download for subscription in the mailing list at http://opentech.handasarabia.org The following packages are not Available in release 1.9.0 - OpenTech Gold Edition (70 Euro) 4 DVDs - Open source electronics designs - Open source EDA Tools 1 - Open source EDA Tools 2 - OpenCores including OpenRisk1000 CPU - OpenTech Designs Silver Edition (40 Euro) 2 DVDs - Open source electronics designs - OpenCores including OpenRisk1000 CPU - OpenTech Tools Sliver Edition (40 Euro) 2 DVDs - Open source EDA Tools 1 - Open source EDA Tools 2
The OpenTech package is composed of 5 DVDs: That include open source EDA tools, documentation, Open/Free books, open source electronics designs and OpenCores. Download cdrom table of contents of release 1.6.1. Download OpenTech contents with description (Alpha release) Download list of changes in release 1.6.1. Download cdroms covers If you want to add your design or tool to the cdrom, fill out the form on page 'Add to cd'
For more information visit the http://www.opencores.org/project,opentech,partners (OpenSupport corner)
This program aims to increase the support level of the Open source EDA tools and hardware designs.
These partners are organizations or developers or even users of open source tools or designs that are committed to provide the support for OpenTech customers besides including their designs or tools to the OpenTech package.
Partners List: for complete list visit http://opencores.org/project,opentech,opentech_network (OpenTech Network)
- http://www.edautils.com/ (EDAUtils)
- http://opencores.org (OpenCores)
- http://www.handasarabia.org (Handasa Arabia organization)
- http://www.greensocs.com/ (GreenSocs)
- http://www.openhardware.ru/ (OpenHardware.ru)
- http://balloonboard.org (Balloon board Project)
- http://www.elphel.com/ (Elphel Inc.)
- http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/welcome.html (Free Model Foundry)
- http://www.srisc.com/ (Simply RISC)
Contacct the OpenTech maintainer firstname.lastname@example.org to become a prtner of OpenTech
The latest detailed announcements about OpenTech can be found at http://opencores.org/project,opentech,announcements
- OpenTech 1.9.0 is ready with extra new tools, designs and books.
- OpenTech 1.8.0 is ready with extra new tools and designs. In this release more than 10 Books are included and the interface has been changed
- Starting from July 2007 OpenTech will be distributed and managed by http://www.open-technologies.net (Open-Technologies) http://opencores.org/project,opentech,OpenTechnologies_small.gif (Open-Technologies)
- OpenTech 1.6.1. is ready with 10 CDs full of new designs, tools and even some books and tutorials in topics like, wireless, VLSI, VHDL, and basic electronics
- OpenTech 1.6.0. is ready with 7 CDs full of tools & designs
- http://opencores.org/project,opentech,local_distributors (Local distributors)
- OpenTech 1.5.1 is ready with 7 CDs which include one extra tools CD and live Documentation for the software tools
- OpenTech Network started to provide links and information about OpenTech tools and designs and increase the cooperation with the developers
- OpenTech 1.5.0 is ready with many new designs and tools
- OpenSupport Program has started to provide support for OpenTech users
- Version 1.9.0 was released on 15_September_2012
- Version 1.8.0 was released on 15_November_2008
- Version 1.7.0 was released on 15_November_2007
- Version 1.6.1 was released on 15_November_2006
- Version 1.6.0 was released on 15_March_2006
- Version 1.5.1 was released on 1_September_2005
- Version 1.5.0 was released on 15_March_2005
- Version 1.4.1 was released on 15_August_2004
- Version 1.4.0 was released on 15_January_2004
- Version 1.3.0 was released on 15_June_2003
- Version 1.2.1 was released on 10_October_2002
- Version 1.2.0 was released on 15_November_2001
- Version 1.1.1 was released on 15_May_2001
- Version 1.1.0 was released on 1_January_2001
- Version 1.0.1 was released on 16_August_2000
- The first version is released on 1_June_2000
- http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/resources/opensourcelinks.html (OpenTech in EETimes Open-Source EDA)
- http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=163702854 (Doors 'open' to hardware) an EETimes article
- http://www.eetimes.com/news/design/features/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=22103383 (An introduction to open-source hardware development) in EETimes
- http://www.eet.com/news/design/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=17408575 (CD-ROMs compile open-source EDA, IP) an EEDesign news story
- http://www.channel-e.de/deutsch/archiv02/2002-12-10a.htm (OpenTech CDROM 1.2.1. verfügbar Frisch gepresst) an E-Channel news in German Language.
- http://opencollector.org/news/Archives/2000/Jun/961581933.html (Open EDA CDROM) in OpenCollector.org news
- More than 16 GB of information distributed
- More than 380 Electronics related software
- More than 85 Hardware designs
- More than 670 Ope Cores
- More than 15 free books & tutorials
- More than 660 shipped CDROMs/Packages since year 2000
You can order the packages from the online shop at http://opentech.handasarabia.org/ (Open-Technologies)
- Update the DVD/CDROMs covers.
- Add some tools and designs for every new release.
- We need to check the possibility of adding some designs and tools "non-GPLed but free".
- Create easy browsing and tool and pages for cdrom contents.
- Create a Design flow using Open EDA tools.